Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Waldameer offers free general admission into the Amusement Park. Ride admission may be purchased as an all-day wristband, or rides may be paid for individually with a Wally Card. Infants under 30″ tall may ride free of charge in the lap of a paid adult on Train and Merry-Go-Round.
Everyone entering Water World must purchase admission. Guests who are wheelchair-bound and cannot use the water attractions and infants under 1 year old who are not going to use water areas do not require admission into Water World.
Waldameer & Water World does not offer rain checks or refunds.View Pricing
Save time and money when you purchase your pass using our Online Store! Discounts available on single-day Combo Passes.Buy Tickets
Waldameer: You may bring your own food and drinks into the picnic areas. Personal portable grills cannot be placed on picnic tabletop/counter-top surfaces. Beer is permitted in picnic areas of amusement park only, not in attractions areas or in Water World (NOTE: No alcohol of any kind allowed in/on Park property during Holidays). No loud music is permitted.
Water World: No outside food or beverage permitted except one bottle of water per person, baby food, or items for special dietary needs. No coolers larger than 10″x12″x9″ and no glass containers allowed into Water World.
For the safety of our Guests, we reserve the right to inspect all coolers, picnic baskets, and other containers brought into either the amusement park or Water World.
All in-park purchases at concession, midway game, and retail locations must be made with Credit/Debit card, Gift Card, or Wally Card. Cash is not accepted in these areas. Cash is converted to points on a Wally Card at admissions, Guest Service and yellow kiosks throughout the amusement park and Water World. One Wally Point equals $1.
Cash is accepted only for Admission Purchases, Wally Card purchases at Kiosks, Guest Service, and Arcade Card dispensers. ATM available in our Arcade.
Shoes, shirt, and pants/shorts/skirt/dress are required for entry into Waldameer & Water World. Bikini swimsuits must be covered by a shirt and shorts/pants/skirt/dress while in amusement park. Clothing with rude, vulgar, or inflammatory language or graphics is not permitted.
Rides: Those who are not wearing a shirt and/or covering over bikini top swimsuit will not be permitted on amusement park rides. Footwear must be worn while entering/exiting attractions, and loose footwear may be placed in loose article bins while riding select attractions.
Shoes, shirt, and pants/shorts/skirt/dress are required for entry into Water World. Private changing rooms, outdoor rinsing showers, and locker rentals available inside Water World. Clothing and swimwear with rude, vulgar, or inflammatory language or graphics is not permitted. Guests must change into clothes and/or cover swim attire before returning to Waldameer.
Swimwear Policy for all Guests:
- Swimwear must be worn while using Water World attractions by order of Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Must be modest in design, no revealing attire permitted such as thongs or improper/exposing fitting
- Swimwear with rivets or sharp pieces is not allowed.
- Glasses may only be worn on slides/pools when secured with a strap. Hats only permitted on attractions with secure chin strap.
- Swim shoes/aqua socks permitted on slides with secure heel strap.
Children in diapers must wear swim diapers while using attractions (available for purchase in our Swim Shop). Changing tables available inside changing rooms and restrooms.
Hard casts/braces are not allowed on water slides. Permitted in other pools at discretion of guest.
The use of drones (unmanned aerial systems) is strictly prohibited in, over, or around Waldameer & Water World property. Violations may be subject to immediate removal from Waldameer & Water World, confiscation of the drone, and referral to local law enforcement and the FAA. We promote safe, family-fun at Waldameer & Water World and drones pose a potential safety risk to our Guests.
Amusement Park: Adjacent to Guest Service
Water World: Southside of changing rooms next to token lockers
Band-aids available at Locker House, Gift House, Park Office, and first aid stations.
All fried food is cooked in 100% Soy Vegetable Oil. French Fries in the Main Grill and Potato Patch are cooked in “French Fry Only” fryers – other foods like Chicken Nuggets or Onion Rings are done in a separate fryer (Note: the Curly Fries in the XScream Snack Shack are fried with other products in the same fryer). Nuts or Peanuts are used or are present in the following stands; all Dippin’ Dots, X-Scream Food, Lemonade Cart, Ice Cream Stand, Candy Stand, Elephant Ears, Cookie House, Potato Patch, and the Fudge House.View Menu and Food Information
Located across from the Fudge Kitchen adjacent to Merry-Go-Round ride.
- General Park Information
- Season Pass Processing
- Locker Tokens (for amusement park lockers)
- Lost Children/Separated Parties
- First Aid
- Address guest feedback
Please note height restrictions before entering the queues of rides and water attractions. Height restrictions are set by attraction manufacturer, and must be strictly enforced for safety and according to Pennsylvania law.
Guests will be measured with their shoes on at Admission Booths to verify proper purchase relative to height. A wristband does not guarantee access to a ride, as guests will still be measured at the ride locations to ensure safety.View Rides & Height Restrictions
Waldameer & Water World typically open as scheduled regardless of the forecast. All attractions continue to operate in light rain. In the event of lightning or severe weather, some attractions may temporarily close, but reopen as soon as it is safe to do so. Park may close early if inclement weather causes very low attendance. Refunds and rainchecks are not offered.
The following attractions may temporarily close due to lighting, high wind, or heavy rainfall:
- Water World: Lightning
- Ali Baba: Lighting, Heavy Rain
- Chaos: Lightning, High Wind
- Comet: Lightning, Sustained Heavy Rain
- Ferris Wheel: Lightning, Heavy Rain, High Wind
- Flying Swings: Lightning, High Wind
- Mega Vortex: Lightning
- Pony Carts: Rain
- Ravine Flyer II: Lightning
- Sea Dragon: Lighting, Heavy Rain
- Sky Ride: Lightning, High Wind
- Steel Dragon: Lightning
- Thunder River: Lightning
- XScream: Lightning, High Wind
Attractions closed due to inclement weather subject to change based on severity and longevity of inclement weather.
Line jumping is not permitted at Waldameer. Examples of line jumping are: leaving and returning to the same place in line for any reason, holding a spot for someone else, joining someone already in line, and jumping any fences or chains to bypass others in line. Violations of these rules may result in your loss of ride and slide privileges or expulsion. Please respect others and don’t line jump.
Single-use and all-day lockers rented at Locker House straight inside Water World past changing rooms. Three sizes of lockers are available; Large – $18, Medium – $16, and Small – $14. (All-Day Lockers include $3 deposit that is refunded when key is returned.) Lockers in Water World are accessible until amusement park closing time.
- Small Locker: 15″ wide, 18″ deep, 12″ high
- Medium Locker: 15″ wide, 18″ deep, 18″ high
- Large Locker: 15″ wide, 18″ deep, 24″ high
Single use token lockers located next Fudge Kitchen. Tokens sold at Guest Service across from Fudge Kitchen.
Guest Service (next to Merry-Go-Round) offers Phone Find wristbands for children. Simply print your mobile number on the wristband and a Waldameer Team Member will contact you if a child is separated from your family.
Amusement Park: Guest Service by Merry-Go-Round
Water World: Near First Aid (Items not claimed at end of day will be sent to Guest Service)
For safety reasons, items lost while using rides and water attractions are not retrieved until end of day or until morning inspection the following day. Rides and water attractions will not stop operation to search for lost times. Waldameer & Water World is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items while visiting.Fill Out Lost & Found Report
We do not page for Guests. Security personnel will assist to reunite separated parties as quickly as possible.
We suggest sharing contact information with all members/children in group, and choosing a designated meeting spot if the party is unexpectedly separated.
All parking is FREE!
Please remember to lock your doors and remove/conceal personal valuables. Waldameer will not be responsible for damage or loss to personal property and vehicles.
Dogs and cats are permitted only in the Amusement Park (not Water World) on a short leash (under 6ft) and kept in control. You must clean up any pet messes. A pet drinking fountain is located at the restrooms next to the Steel Dragon spinning coaster.
Service Animals: Permitted in all areas of Waldameer and up to the water’s edge in Water World. Service animals are not permitted on rides or Water World attractions as the attractions are not designed to safely accommodate animals.
Please remember to provide pets and service animals plenty of water, and NEVER leave pets in a hot vehicle unattended!
The following are not permitted inside Waldameer & Water World
- Glass Containers
- Liquor and Wine
- Weapons, firearms, or Sharp Objects
- Clothing with inappropriate language or graphics
- Profanity, Unruly Behavior, Running
- Bikes, Skateboards, Roller-blades, Wheeled Shoes
- Bare feet (except Water World)
- Smoking and Electronic Cigarettes (except in designated areas)
- Loud music
The amusement park has four restroom locations:
- Under the Park Office
- Near Dodgems
- Next to the Steel Dragon spinning coaster.
- Middle II picnic grove (open select days)
Water World’s restrooms are located inside the Bath House and next to the Waveside Grill.
All restrooms have changing tables. Restrooms near Steel Dragon and next to the Waveside Grill have family restrooms.View Park Map
Pennsylvania State laws and ride manufacturers regulate attraction’s accessibility. Restrictions are based on height and size requirements as well as health guidelines. Please follow these rules to ensure a safe experience for you and others. Pennsylvania Law states riders of amusement and waterpark attractions are responsible for obeying following rules and acting responsibly:
- A rider is responsible for obeying the posted rules or oralinstructions of amusement rides and shall abide by the following:
- A rider may not board or dismount from an amusement ride except at a designated area if one is provided.
- A rider may not throw or expel any object or matter from an amusement ride.
- A rider may not act in any manner contrary to posted and oral rules while boarding, riding on or dismounting from any amusement ride.
- A rider may not engage in any reckless act or activity which may tend to injure himself or others.
- While using amusement rides that require steering or control of himself or a car device, every rider shall maintain reasonable control of his speed and course at all times. A rider shall not steer the ride in such a manner as to intentionally harm another person.
- A rider may not disconnect, disable or attempt to disconnect or disable any safety device, seat belt, harness or other restraining device before, during or after movement of the ride has started except at the express instruction of the operator.
- A rider may not disembark or attempt to disembark from any amusement ride before, during or after movement of a ride has started
Most attractions and facilities are accessible. To go on an attraction, you must be mentally alert, able to be properly secured by safety restraints, and be able to enter and exit a vehicle independently or with assistance of a companion. Waldameer & Water World Team Members are not permitted to lift or carry guests boarding/unloading at attractions.
Attractions have restrictions based on height and/or size as well as physical or medical conditions. Signs are posted at the entrance to each attraction that gives you guidelines about restrictions and safety. Please follow these rules to ensure a safe experience for you and others. Watch the ride in operation and read all warnings before you determine whether a particular ride is suitable for you.View Accessibility Guide
For the safety of riders, all-persons going on rides must meet minimum height requirements and be able to be properly secured by the ride’s safety restraints. Ride safety restraints are designed by the ride manufacturer and by law must be utilized and operated as set forth by the manufacturer. The attractions listed below may not accommodate guests of larger size:
- Ali Baba
- Balloon Race
- Flying Swings
- Ravine Flyer II
- Ravine Flyer 3
- Sea Dragon
- SS Wally
- Steel Dragon
Waldameer is Smoke Free, including vapor/e-cigarettes, except in designated areas:
- Near Peninsula Drive amusement park entrance, Gate E4
- Near amusement park entrance under Thunder River, Gate W4
- Next to the Steel Dragon exit
- Behind Wendy’s Tea Party in the North End
- Water World: Left of stairs to Cannon Bowl/Liquid Lightning/Awesome Twosome
Adult strollers, wheelchairs, and wagons are available for rent at the first adjacent midway game booth next to the Arcade. Rental can be purchased with cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover card at Admissions and Guest Service, or with a Wally Card at the rental area. A valid Photo ID must be left at the rental booth as collateral, and is returned when the device is returned.
2022 Device Rental Pricing
- Wagon: 10 points/dollars
- Adult Stroller: 11 points/dollars
- Wheelchair: 12 points/dollars