Water World Policies & Information
General policies and information for guests entering Water World.
Wet, Wild, & Wonderful!
Water World has something for everyone!
- A Giant Wave Pool!
- 2 Family Play Areas – Kidz Zone & Battle of Lake Erie!
- The region’s only Water Coaster – Rocket Blast!
- Over 15 major water slides!
- AND MORE!
Everything you need to know to have family fun in the sun at Water World!
All guests entering Water World require admission via single-day Water World Pass wristband or Combo Pass wristband. (Exception: infants under age 1 who are not going into the water, and those who are wheelchair-bound that cannot enter the water.)More Admission Information
No outside food or beverage is permitted in Water World except up to one bottle of water per person, baby food, or items for special dietary needs. Coolers may not exceed 10″x12″x9″, and glass containers are strictly prohibited in Water World.
Personal chairs and tents/coverings are not permitted. Umbrellas may not be larger than a typical rain umbrella.
Pool toys, rafts, etc. are absolutely prohibited in Water World.
Guests visiting Water World must be wearing non-swimwear “street clothes” or cover up swimwear when entering and exiting. Clothing with rude, vulgar, and/or inflammatory language/graphics is not permitted.
Water World Attire & Swimwear Policy:
- Swimwear must be worn while using Water World attractions by order of Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Clothing and swimwear with rude, vulgar, or inflammatory language or graphics is not permitted. Guests must change out of and/or cover swim attire before returning to amusement park section.
- Swimwear be modest in design/coverage: No improper fitting or exposing attire. Absolutely no thong-style bottoms. Management reserves the right to ask guests with attire deemed inappropriate to cover-up, change attire, or leave Water World.
- Swimwear with rivets or sharp pieces is not allowed.
- Water shoes, aqua socks, etc. permitted in pools and inner tube slides with secure heel strap/backing.
Children in diapers must wear swim diapers while using water attractions (available for purchase in our Swim Shop). Changing tables available inside changing rooms and restrooms.
Attraction height and safety restrictions are in place to ensure safety of all guests. Height and safety restrictions are determined by each attraction’s manufacturer, and must be strictly enforced by Pennsylvania State Law. A full list of Water World height restrictions can be found below.View Water World Height Restrictions
Due to the variable nature of water attraction dynamics in relation to guest size, the following weight restriction is in place for Rocket Blast.
Rocket Blast: Maximum individual weight: 250 lbs. Maximum combined rider weight (up to four people): 525 lbs. Minimum combined rider weight: 200 lbs
Rocket Blast weight restrictions are enforced via red-light/green-light scale system. Riders will be weighed as a group before boarding, and a green light will illuminate if the group is within the range of acceptable weight or a red light will illuminate if the group or an individual is outside of the range of acceptable weight. Weight will not be displayed numerically. For convenience of riders, a test scale will be available before entering the queue.
For the safety of riders and to prevent damage to water slides, hard casts and braces are not permitted on water slides. This policy is in line with attraction manufacturer restrictions that must be enforced by Pennsylvania state law.
Waterproof casts and braces are permitted in pools at the discretion of the guest. Waldameer & Water World is not responsible for damage to any medical device that may occur.
For the safety of riders and to prevent damage to slides and pool equipment, the following loose article policies are in place for Water World attractions. Waldameer & Water World is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items while using attractions.
- Glasses may only be worn if secured with a strap around the back of the head.
- Hats may only be worn with a secure strap around the chin.
- Water shoes, aqua socks, etc. may only be worn on inner tube slides if secured with a strap/back around the ankle.
- Footwear may not be worn on body slides.
- Phones, cameras, recording devices, etc. are not permitted.
- Handheld items of any kind are not permitted.
- Lifejackets may be worn on inner tube, Kidz Zone, and Battle of Lake Erie slides. May not be worn on Bermuda Triangle, Lake Erie Dip, and Presque Isle Plunge.
Water World provides lifejackets free of charge for all ages/sizes from infant to adult. Lifejackets are available near entrances to Wave Pool, Endless River, and Kidz Slide n’ Spray Zone.
Personal lifejackets are permitted if they are Coast Guard Approved – Type II (will be printed on device). “Puddle Jumper” style lifejackets may be worn by children.
Personal items such as pool noodles, inner tubes, water wings, and other pool toys are strictly prohibited in Water World.
For the safety of guests and Team Members, all Water World attractions will temporarily close if lighting is in the area. Once lighting has cleared the area at a safe distance, Water World attractions will resume operation. Rainchecks and refunds are not offered in the event of inclement weather.
Private changing rooms with rinsing showers are available just inside the entrance to Water World. Additional restrooms with family restroom accommodations are available near Waveside Grill.
Private Cabanas and Umbrella Tables are available for rent. Advance reservation is strongly encouraged. For more information, please visit our Cabana and Umbrella rental page by selecting the button below.Cabana & Umbrella Rental Information
Water World has single-use and all-day lockers available for rent at the Locker House just past the changing rooms. Lockers in Water World are accessible from Water World’s opening time through the amusement park closing time.
- Single-Use Token Locker (one time in and out) – 15″ wide, 18″ deep, 12″ high – $5.00
- Small All-Day Locker: 15″ wide, 18″ deep, 12″ high – $17.00
- Medium All-Day Locker: 15″ wide, 18″ deep, 18″ high – $19.00
- Large All-Day Locker: 15″ wide, 18″ deep, 24″ high – $21.00
- All-Day Lockers prices include $5.00 deposit that is refunded to credit/debit card or Wally Card when key is returned.
When finished using your all-day locker, keys can be returned to the following locations: Locker House or Swim Shop in Water World, and Guest Service by the Merry-Go-Round in the amusement park.
Waldameer & Water World defines line jumping as:
- Cutting in front of others already queuing
- Leaving and returning to the same place in line for any reason
- Holding a spot for someone else who is not already in queue
- Jumping fences/barriers/chains to bypass others in line
- Entering a queue that has been closed
Those found to be line jumping may lose ride/slide privileges and face possible removal from the park. Please respect others and don’t line jump.