Applications accepted beginning Monday, March 4th!
Application & Interview Process
Upon completing an application, you will then need to visit the Waldameer Job Fair for a short, in-person interview. Questions pertain to areas of interest, personal strengths, previous employment, educational background, etc. The process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Notification of Employment may happen at the conclusion of the interview or via phone. Waldameer is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applicants Must Bring
- Drivers License and Social Security Card
- ID from School, Military, Government
- Personnel References (two) ~ with phone numbers
- CPR, First Aid & Life-guarding Certifications ~ for Water World applicants
- Working Papers from School Only Needed upon notification of being hired
- Dress in business casual attire
|We are looking for someone:||Positions Available:|
|With an upbeat personality||Ride Operators|
|With a hardworking attitude||Certified Lifeguards|
|Who is friendly||Concession Food Service|
|Who is personable||Catering/Picnic Hosts|
|With a smiling face||Game Operators|
|Willing to work||Retail/Cashiers|
|Wants to have fun||Gardener|
2019 Lifeguards: If you are hired as a Water World lifeguard, Waldameer will pay you up to $150.00 over the course of the summer if you are in the first year of your American Red Cross or YMCA certification. Waldameer will pay you up to $60.00 if you are in the second year of your certification, covering the cost of your Water World uniform.
For more information or assistance, please contact the Waldameer Office at (814) 838-3591 or (877) 817-1009.
Gardener Position: Waldameer is building a new gardening team to take care of our beautiful gardens. Head gardener position will oversee the preparation, planting, and maintenance of Waldameer’s gardens. Head gardener hours and wages to be determined.
Schedule for gardener as follows:
March, April, May, September, October: Monday-Friday, 8:00a – 4:30p (end times and days are flexible)
June, July, August: 9:00a start time (end time and days are flexible)
2019 Pay Rates
|Age||Schedule||Wage/Hour||Lifeguard Wage/Hour||Bonus/Hour*||Lifeguard Bonus/Hour*|
|17 & Graduated or Older||There are No Restrictions for Amount of Hours||$9.00||$9.50||$0.25||$0.25|
|16 – 17 Year Old||5 Day Week||$8.50||$9.00||$0.15||$0.25|
|14 – 15 Year Old||Part-Time|
14 Yr Old, works 5 hr. shifts Primarily Weekends
*BONUS: given only when you work until end of our operating season
Retired and looking for something to do?
Waldameer is ideal with a variety of positions & flexible hours. Working for our Team is Fun!
- Apply in Person at Waldameer Office
- Use 6th & 8th Street Entrance Gate
- Park in Lot
- Walk In Gray Building on Midway between Paratrooper & Cookie House
- Entry Door up ramp on left
- No Phone Calls
- Print Application
Waldameer Employees are Required to:
- Work majority of Weekends & Holidays ~ our Busiest Times
- Wear Proper Uniform ~ Waldameer polo shirt, khaki or navy blue pants / shorts and sneaker shoes
- Maintain Proper Appearance ~ clean uniform, neatly groomed, clean shaven, avoid extremes in jewelry, piercings, tattoos, hairstyles & hair color
Waldameer Employee Benefits
- Earn FREE ride passes
- Earn incentive awards
- 30% food and merchandise discount
- Employee parties
- Make friends that can last a lifetime!