Join Our Amazing Summer Team! Earn Up to $15/hr!
Current Positions Available: Certified Lifeguard & Ride Operator
|See Our NEW Wages!||Base Wage/Hr||Bonus/Hr*||Wage w/Bonus*|
|General Pay Rates
|17 & Graduated or Older||$14.00||+$1.00||$15.00|
|Ages 16 – 17||$13.00||+$1.00||$14.00|
|Ages 14 – 15||$9.25||+$0.25||$9.50|
|Certified Lifeguard Pay Rates
|17 & Graduated or Older||$14.50||+$1.00||$15.50|
|Ages 16 – 17||$13.50||+$1.00||$14.50|
|Wave Pool Lifeguard Pay Rates**
|17 & Graduated or Older||$15.00||+$1.00||$16.00|
|Ages 16 – 17||$14.00||+$1.00||$15.00|
*BONUS: Paid when meeting end-of-season requirements.
**Wave Pool Lifeguards: Must have American Red Cross or YMCA Certification and demonstrate proficient skills required to guard our Wave Pool.
Walk-in Interview Schedule – Summer 2022
Anytime the park is open! 11:00am-8:00pm every Thursday-Tuesday.
Calling All Swimmers! Lifeguards in High Demand!
Earn up to $15.50 per hour or MORE!
The most fun summer job around!
Ride Operations, Lifeguarding, Food & Beverage, Clean Team & More!
More than a job, a Summer Adventure!
- Competitive wages
- Make lifelong friends
- Upbeat work environment
- Earn FREE Combo Passes
- Exclusive Team Member discounts
- Team Member parties
- FREE admission to 10+ other amusement parks including Cedar Point, Kennywood, & Hersheypark!
A Job For Everyone!
Select the items below to learn more about our variety of available positions.
Ride Operators are responsible for upholding safety standards while operating amusement rides. Ride Operators get to enjoy constant interaction in an upbeat, exciting atmosphere. With modern safety standards and design, learning to operate rides is easier than you think! Position requires someone who is responsible, friendly, and able to work in an upbeat outdoor environment. Must be 16 or older.
Lifeguards are an integral part of Water World safety ensuring our Guests safely enjoy all our Water World attractions. Lifeguards are also Water World’s first responders if an emergency should occur. Position requires someone who is responsible, attentive, and able to work in an outdoor environment which may require standing and/or being in the water for extended periods. Must be 15 or older.
- Full lifeguarding certifications must be obtained through American Red Cross or YMCA. Programs are available to defray the cost of certification throughout employment.
- Non-certified Slide Attendants may also eligible for aquatic attraction guarding certifications conducted by our certified Water World Trainers.
- Certified Lifeguards who demonstrate proficient skills required to guard our Wave Pool are eligible for higher wages.
Concession Team Members are responsible for providing food services at our 16 walk-up concession locations. Duties include food preparation, cooking, and cashiers. Team Members will interact with guests regularly and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be 16 or older.
Catered Picnics are at the core of Waldameer. Our Catering Team takes care of food preparation, picnic setup/teardown, and picnic supervision. Weekdays are dedicated to preparation and picnic planning, and weekends are when our Catering Team efficiently serves 3,000+ meals. Must be 16 or older.
Picnic Hosts are the Team Members greeting picnic attendees and providing excellent catered meal service. Duties include attendee registration, ensuring smooth buffet operation, and assisting picnic setup and teardown. Most hired 14-15 year olds will work in this position.
2022: Due to high demand, very limited positions available for ages 14-15.
Our Games Team is full of excitement as they provide a fun and engaging atmosphere at our midway games and arcade. Attendants must have strong communication abilities, energetic demeanor, and good organization skills. Must be 16 or older.
Admissions Team Members provide a happy welcome to our guests. Theses Team Members serve guests making admission purchases, process pre-purchased tickets and pass, and provide park information to start a fun-filled visit. Admissions is responsible for handing cash and credit/debit card transactions. Position requires someone with strong communication skills, who is organized, and has attention to detail. Must be 15 or older.
Our Retail Team ensures courteous, professional service in our merchandise, Locker House, and Cabana/Umbrella areas. Retail Team Members in merchandise and Locker House assist guests with making purchases and locker rentals in addition to daily product stocking and organizing. Our Cabana Service Team is responsible for friendly and efficient food and beverage service along with daily upkeep of Cabanas and Umbrella areas. Retail Team Members employees must be friendly, responsible, and organized. Must be 16 or older.
Our Clean Team maintains general facility cleanliness with focus on restrooms, changing areas, and eating areas. Most Clean Team shifts begin in the morning to prepare our park for opening. Clean Team employees enjoy having a variety of job duties and getting to be active throughout the amusement park and Water World. Must be 16 or older.
Grounds Crew is responsible for daily facility upkeep. Primary responsibilities include lawn/landscape maintenance, morning midway preparation, and waste collection. On weekends, Grounds Crew assists with catering logistics. Ideal position for someone who enjoys hands-on work, is self-motivated, and desires plenty of hours. Must be 18 or older.
Water World Gate Attendants: Responsible for courteous and efficient admittance of Guests into Water World by validating wristbands, checking bags, and enforcing Water World admission policies. Must be 16 or older.
Security: Our Security Team ensures a safe, family-friendly atmosphere throughout the park. Daily duties include monitoring guest behavior, reuniting separated families, and de-escalating situations as needed. Must be 18 or older.
Night Watchman: Responsible for overnight security from park closing to early morning. Tasks include assisting closing procedures and monitoring facilities throughout the night. Must be 18 or older.
Application & Interview Process
- Complete an Online Application prior to interviewing. In-person interview must be conducted to be considered for employment.
- Walk-in Interview Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00am-5:00pm. Saturdays in April 9:00am-3:00pm. No appointments, just come in!
- All applicants should bring the following documents: One form of photo identification (Driver’s License, Student ID, Military ID), Social Security Card, Work Permit (only for minors under 18).
- Lifeguard applicants should bring the following certifications: Lifeguarding certification (American Red Cross), CPR Certification, First Aid Certification
- 2021 Season Team Members: Email your manager or call park office at 814-838-3591 after February 1st to be re-considered for employment. Team Members from 2020 and prior seasons must complete a new application and conduct interview for re-employment.