Walk-in Interviews begin March 1, 2022
Application & Interview Process
- Applicants are encouraged to complete an Online Application prior to interviewing. In-person interview must be conducted at Park Office or Job Fair to be considered for employment.
- Walk-in Interview Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00am-4:30pm. No appointments, just come in!
- Park in West Lake Road parking lot, and walk into the park. Office is located next to Paratrooper ride.
- 2021 Season Team Members: Please email your manager or call park office at 814-838-3591 after February 1st to be re-considered for employment. Team Members from 2020 and prior seasons must complete a new application and conduct interview for re-employment.
2022 Job Fairs
- March 19 & April 16
- 10:00am-1:00pm inside Rainbow Gardens
- Interviewing all Seasonal Positions
- Application can be submitted online ahead or completed in-person
- Applicants may be hired on the spot!
Applicants Must Bring
- Drivers License and Social Security Card
- ID from School, Military, Government
- Personnel References with phone numbers
- CPR, First Aid & Life-guarding Certifications (for Water World applicants)
- Working Papers from school only needed upon notification of being hired
- Dress in business casual attire
2022 Pay Rates
|General Pay Rates||Wage/Hour||Bonus/Hour*|
|17 & Graduated or Older||$13.00||$0.50|
|16 – 17 Years Old||$11.00||$0.50|
|14 – 15 Years Old||$8.00||$0.50|
|Certified Lifeguard Rates||Wage/Hour||Bonus/Hour*|
|17 & Graduated or Older||$13.00||$0.50|
|16 – 17 Years Old||$12.00||$0.50|
|15 Years Old||$9.25||$0.50|
|Wave Pool Lifeguard** Rates||Wage/Hour||Bonus/Hour*|
|17 & Graduated or Older||$13.00||$1.00|
|16 – 17 Years Old||$12.50||$0.50|
*BONUS: Must meet end-of-season requirements for eligibility.
**Wave Pool Lifeguards: Must have American Red Cross or YMCA Certification and demonstrate proficient skills required to guard our Wave Pool.
Ride Operators are responsible for upholding strict safety standards while operating amusement rides. Ride Operators get to enjoy constant guest interaction in an upbeat, exciting atmosphere. A ride may look complicated to operate at first, but they are in fact quite easy to learn! Our trainers will make sure you fully comfortable in your position before letting you work independently. Position requires someone who is responsible, friendly, and able to work in an outdoor environment which may require extended time standing, walking, and stepping up and down. Must be 16 or older.
Lifeguards are an integral part of Water World safety ensuring our Guests safely enjoy all our Water World attractions. Lifeguards are also Water World’s first responders if an emergency should occur. Position requires someone who is responsible, attentive, and able to work in an outdoor environment which may require standing and/or being in the water for extended periods. Must be 15 or older.
- Full lifeguarding certifications must be obtained through American Red Cross or YMCA. Programs are available to defray the cost of certification throughout employment.
- Non-certified Slide Attendants may also eligible for aquatic attraction guarding certifications conducted by our certified Water World Trainers.
- Certified Lifeguards who demonstrate proficient skills required to guard our Wave Pool are eligible for higher wages.
Concession Team Members are responsible for providing food services at our 16 walk-up concession locations. Duties include food preparation, cooking, and cashiers. Team Members will interact with guests regularly and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be 16 or older.
Catered Company Picnics are the core of Waldameer. Our Catering Team takes care of food preparation, picnic setup/teardown, and picnic supervision. Weekdays are dedicated to preparation and picnic planning, and weekends are when our Catering Team efficiently serves 3,000+ meals. Must be 16 or older.
Picnic Hosts are the first Team Members greeting picnic attendees and providing excellent catered meal service. Duties include picnic attendee registration and assisting our Catering Team with picnic setup and teardown. Most hired 14-15 year olds will work in this position.
Our Games Team is full of excitement as they provide a fun and engaging atmosphere with guests enjoying our midway games and arcade. Attendants must have solid communication skills when demonstrating how to play games and presenting prizes. Must be 16 or older.
Admissions Team Members provide a happy welcome to our guests. Theses Team Members have strong communication skills to serve guests making admission purchases and providing park information to assist a fun day. Admissions is responsible for handing cash and credit/debit card transactions. Must be 15 or older.
Our Retail Team ensures courteous, professional service in our three merchandise locations. Retail Team Members also comprise our Cabana Service Team responsible for friendly and efficient food and beverage delivery along with daily upkeep of Cabanas and Umbrellas. Duties include stocking, organizing, and performing purchase transactions. Retail employees must be friendly, responsible, and organized. Must be 16 or older.
Our Clean Team maintains general facility cleanliness with focus on restrooms, changing areas, and eating areas. Most Clean Team shifts begin in the morning to prepare our park for opening. Must be 16 or older.
|We are looking for People:|
|With upbeat personalities|
|With hardworking attitudes|
|Who are friendly|
|Who are personable|
|With smiling faces|
|Willing to work|
|Wanting to have fun|
Waldameer Employee Benefits
- Earn FREE ride passes
- Earn incentive awards
- 30% food and merchandise discount
- Employee parties
- Make friends that can last a lifetime!